Monday 17 September 2018

Book Review: Financial Planning Made Easy by Lorna Tan

I recently came across Retire Smart: Financial Planning Made Easy by Lorna Tan. While you might have already read a number of her articles in the Sunday Times, it is pretty neat to have them all compiled into a book. Personally, I find many tips proposed in the book to be realistic and achievable. 


Topics covered include (in order of usefulness to me):
  • Various Central Provident Fund (CPF) schemes and enhancements (super useful tips here, i re-read it a couple of times)- HDB
  • Insurance coverage (insurance can be so complicated, so this section was quite useful)
  • Consumer protection (good for knowledge)
  • Legacy planning (do not feel the need to do it now, yea i know the irony...)
  • Scams (useful to know as well)
  • Credit and debt planning (good to know there are ways for deep debtors to get out of those debts, if they try)
In some of my future posts, I will be sharing more on what I learnt from the book, especially on CPF chapters which i felt was already totally worth the price of the book. The other chapters are bonuses! 😃 

Stay tuned!

Frugal Singa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stock Acquired! Facebook (FB:NASDAQ)

I bought some FB shares a couple of days ago! So here is why I bought some FB shares @  $149.80 . Strengths Reach : Saying many pe...